Saturday, November 17, 2007

E-mailing my picture frame

The company eStarling has recently published their digital picture frame WPF-288B. It has access to your local WLAN and it can receive photos and pictures from the internet due to an own email account. This means you can send pictures from every device which is able to send email, e.g. cell phones and computers. In addition to that you need an account on a image network like Flickr or Google Picasa.
The 8" version got a resolution of 800x600 pixels plus WLAN (802.11b) support and 128mb memory. You can also use it standalone without any network and the timer clock can turn the frame on or off automatically.
The questions is: are $249 worth the possibility to send photos from my cellphone to my digital picture frame at home?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it a nice idea, but it is very expensive.

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Thanks for the information. But one thing it is expensive :(

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea! The other frames I have looked at in the past, did not have the WAN feature. I would have to put a cf card in the frame.

Anonymous said...

It is a very nice and handy gadget. I like this. But $249 is too big.

Anonymous said...

This is really a nice technique for sharing personal moments but it would be quite expensive in the starting though.

nzomatrix said...

I have planned on getting of these Digital Frames for a long time. But the price needs to go down alot before I buy.

Anonymous said...

Wow.. I bet a digital picture frame is expensive, right?

Anonymous said...

too much for a Photo frame

Anonymous said...

Seems to me as a wonderful gadget to have one indeed! Access to local WLAN is really a superb feature.

Anonymous said...

I think the price would be worth it in my case which may be very different from yours. We have 13 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. If the pictures could be sent to OUR picture frame from their phones, Ipods and or computers, we would just LOVE getting pictures of the grands on a regular basis!

Anonymous said...

The neat idea and the nice frame. (frame that has its own email account... mamma mia... soon they will invent the fridge having its own phone number so that you can cal it and ask if there is anything left for supper)...

Anonymous said...

I would have to say that is fairly expensive. I would think you could get all those perks with a cheaper frame somewhere. It seems like it is still way to expensive considering the technology we do have.

Anonymous said...

I think I would pay that. Think about if you were on holiday and you wanted to send pictures home but you couldn´t get to a computer, just email pictures from your phone so that the rest of your family at home can see them on the frame! It´s actually a really good idea! I don´t know if I would personally use it much, but it is a good idea.

Lena

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing. I already saw this one in one of the electronic shop here. I think it is a good product but it is too expensive