Thursday, October 11, 2007

Would you pay if it’s up to you?

Since yesterday the latest album “In Rainbows” of the British band Radiohead is available. That’s not a big deal – but the exciting thing is, it can be downloaded – for free. It’s totally up to the user whether he pays and how much. The first polls showed that about 2/3 of the 3000 first people, who downloaded the album, paid for it. On average, the users paid 5.70€.
Some of the users complained about the fact, that it’s not possible to pay after you downloaded the album and found it worth some money.
Some other artists like Jamiroquai und Oasis, also think about a similar way to publish their songs.
What about you? Would you pay for any album if it’s up to you?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i woul pay...but shure sometimes not...

Anonymous said...

Very nice thing to do from them. I think I would certainly pay if I could make sure before that it is good.

Anonymous said...

Great idea...if all records are sold like that, there won't be any crap music in the future.

Anonymous said...

just to have a good conscience? definitely not! not even if they accepted paypal.

Anonymous said...

They've been all over the press with it. Great idea I think... plus they are a great band!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this nice post,Keep posting.

Anonymous said...

I did pay and think it was well worth it. I think it is one of the best Radiohead albums ever. I love it.

Cheer.s

Anonymous said...

If i get music for free ,why should I pay?
I am going to download the album now.

Anonymous said...

Great idea.But try to make it upgraded.

Anonymous said...

Yes I will also pay.Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt of paying by me.

Anonymous said...

Yes i would like to pay if it grantee then i will thanks about it.

Anonymous said...

Perfect. I would pay if it was like this

Anonymous said...

Great idea...if all records are sold like that, there won't be any crap music in the future.

Anonymous said...

I would pay if I knew it is worth paying. For working good people should be properly payed, it seems normal to me:)