Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Google WiFi after the first year

The WiFi of Googles “hometown” Mountain View just celebrates its first anniversary. For that Google published some statistics about the open network. Approximately 15.000 users per month produced 300Gbyte of traffic each day. Therefor 95 percent of the 400 routers had been used. It seems that a big part of the 72.000 citizens used the free offer of Google. Hope remains that other cities (or companies) will follow to provide free networks to the people.
What about your city? Do you have free wireless networks (even if they doesn't span the whole city)?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish our city could also have free wireless network

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You have been entered on my MUST READ BLOGS sidebar.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had free wireless in my city! LOL

I wonder if these statistics might be a little larger than your average city... I mean... Mountain View has got to be a tech magnet so you would assume they would use more bandwidth too.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had free wireless in my city!